Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Excerpt of quick assault

So it's come to this.

One hunt left in the 2007 spring turkey season for this hero to put a tom in the gamebag.

Walt and I saw the three stooges while leaving our Memorial Day hunt behind at the Dansville, Michigan, hot spot.

Right in the field where we wanted to be but got rousted from by other hunters.

I know right where to go.

The assault manifest is prepared on paper, equipment-wise and in my head.

Walt can't make the hunt. Work obligations. I hate when that happens to me. Really I wish I could hunt for a living.

No decoys will be used.

I will go to my most sure-fired way of taking a gobbler.

I will snooze and call every 15 to 30 minutes. Soft calls. Hoo-hoos, I like to refer to them.

The time frame will be approximately from 6 a.m. to noon. A 6-hour block. Plenty of time to score.

All behind the blind in the corner of the field.

Now I just need a little luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home