Thursday, October 04, 2007

Revise to itinerary

Some of my readers may be a tad confused as far as my hunting travels go these days.

I was supposed to head off to the great Upper Peninsula of Michigan for a bear hunt at the end of September and first of October, but because of the wife's work schedule I could not go until now, which is the weekend of Oct. 5-7.

Just as well since the temperatures have a better chance of being more conducive for bear the later it goes. Yet I still hear how the temperatures are going to be in the 70s and 80s. Not really what I wanted.

So the revised itinerary is as follows:

Sept.: Woodcock in Gladwin County, Michigan, shotgun. (Been there, done that.)

Oct.: Bear in Baraga County, Michigan, muzzleloader.

Most of the other hunts are still on except for the December grouse hunt in West Virginia, which is now iffy.

And with that, I'm off to the Upper Peninsula.

The target time for the first hunt is 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 5. I'm just leaving work now in Macomb County at a little before 2 a.m.

A little too much wishful thinking? We shall see. But even as I've notched my 44th birthday ... today, actually, I can still drive hard like the old days. A talent I picked up from many long nights in the mechanized infantry.

The first goal is to hit the "Big Mac" around 7 a.m. Take a little snooze and finish the rest of the drive in good order so I can check in and still have time to load up with plenty of time for the hunt without rushing about like a madman. Probably will happen anyway.

So pray for save driving and look for the next hunting report on my bear trip in a week or so. With pictures even in the hunting mag at www.macshuntingmag.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home