Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wha ... what happened?

By Mac Arnold
MAHFS editor


So much for the happy outdoorsy feel I had going on.

In one swoosh from Michigan's mother nature ways, and I slipped back into hibernating mode.

Yuck!

Done.

Finished.

Go away snow, ice, slush.

For the past week with the warmer temperatures, I was dreaming of hitting the turkey woods amid the spring greens and whites of flowering dogwoods while sanding and finishing a few homemade arrows in the man cave.

Yep, I like to roll my own.

I admit I'm not the most intense traditional bowman out there but I do find it invigorating to hit the woods with a few of my own homemade arrows during the hunting season.

Also, I found it's a way to relax after a stressful work day.

Have yet to tag a game animal with one of them but I figure it's a matter of time until I do.

Not only do I like painting 'em so they look purdy, I also like shooting 'em with the recurve in the backyard of my St. Clair County homestead ... WITHOUT SNOW.

Guess I'm just gonna have to go back on pause until the next "pretender" spring weather blows through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home