Friday, May 04, 2012

My turn next

By Mac Arnold
MAHFS Editor

At long last, I will be able to once again log tales from a hunt of mine on here.

Likely, the next time we will meet again on here, I will have embarked on what is my 18th spring gobbler hunting season.

The turkey tag I have is for Michigan's second season, which begins Monday, May 7.

Some of the usual happenings are already in flow.

The blue '97 Dodge Ram truck with more than 500K in miles is up to its usual tricks as the eve of another hunting opener approaches.

For this one, we find that "something is hanging" -- as son Zac alerted me Friday -- underneath the ever lovable, but aggravating "Betsy."

The something hanging is the gas tank.

The support bands gave way. Rusted out. At least they decided to do so while it was parked in the driveway.

But I made a vow that she would be "in the field come turkey day."

And I meant it.

Hopefully there will be a tagged 20-pound bird riding along in back after the day is done.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home