Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another shortie

By Mac Arnold
MAHFS editor

Man, I can't believe it's nearly spring gobbler time for me.

It just occurred to me that if I was hunting this week the day I would throw all the marbles into would be Saturday.

Supposed to reach into the 60s temperature-wise with plenty of sun. And the hunting predictor via Accuweather rates it a "good" day. This is the temperature ratio I prefer for the spring hunts -- 60s/40s -- highs in the 60s with lows in the 40s.

One thing I left out of my last posting is the advantage to having the early season when out of nowhere the weather turns nice for a day. It seems to really perk up the birds and send them into their mating rituals.

At least that's been my experience.

I passed on this opinion to my buddy John who hunts in Sanilac County.

He thanked me and said he "hunted two hours (Wednesday), heard some hens clucking but nothing came out."

Wish I could get my butt out there already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home