Friday, September 21, 2012

Getting ready for takeoff

By Mac Arnold
MAHFS Editor

Sorry I haven't been on here more vigilantly in the past week or so.

But let there be no letdown because I will soon be in the woods with a vengeance and have plenty of upcoming details on hunts.

I will be on vacation over the next week and the festivities will open with more fall turkey hunting albeit I was out on the opener, Sept. 15.

And even though I didn't see a bird, it was a glorious morning at Dairy Farmer Dave's in Sanilac County, Mich., with plenty of bite in the air, which really got the blood pumping.



MAHFS photo
Nothing is better than the excitement of an
opening day of a hunting season. Here I am
front and center for Michigan's first day of fall
turkey season.


Frankly, I was surprised I didn't have any action but it was only Day 1 so I remain upbeat.

The main event will be next week when I return to the Upper Peninsula to bear hunt. It will be the first time I've been after Yogi since the mid-2000s.

Hopefully, I will be posing from behind its head with my bow leaning across a 300-pounder.

Another pursuit will be upland birds -- grouse and woodcock. Grouse have already been available to hone in on since Sept. 15 but the timber doodle season opens Saturday, Sept. 22, which is when I prefer to start because I hate to be revved up on a flush only to find I have to pull the Browning back down.

The vacation week ends with the king of all hunts -- deer archery.

Soooooo, lets get ready to ruuuuuuuumble!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home