Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Waiting ...

By Mac Arnold
MAHFS editor

Itchin' to get out into the turkey woods ... the opener just can't come fast enough.

Tired of posting non-action stories here.

Funny, I slept in Tuesday instead of getting a load of road mix to fix the holes on the dirt road in front of our driveway after seeing the forecast calling for all-day rain.

When I sauntered downstairs midafternoon amid bright sun shooting through the windows, I was met by a sarcastic quip from the wife -- "All day rain, huh?" The bumpy ride before our driveway all these months is making us nuts. I was just as aggravated, then, of course, I started to think how the Mr. Murphy angle for the first day of spring gobbler would likely apply here.

I'm sure I won't be met by the same fortune Monday when the season begins for my hunt, which the forecast is also calling for rain.

Anyway, I'm fully planning on being in wet weather gear as daylight breaks May 2.

That's fine, I'll be happy to don the new Gore-tex parka I bought a few weeks back through the Sportsman's Guide to complete the set with the pants I purchased during the 2010 fall season.

In the meantime, I will be working on the road crew and ... waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home